Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mambo # 5


I am really not doing right by nothinbutcuts. In the beginning, I only blogged every few days cause there was a lack of shit that I knew about, but now that I have all of the time in the world, and thus spend it all reading blogs and myspace hopping, I could definitely be blogging more content.

Anyway, I have a question: do girls heckle boys? When I say heckle I mean the "Hey baby, what are you doing tonight, am I invited?" type shit that girls hear from boys all the time. I know that black girls do (I have seen it, and surprisingly enough, personally endured it), but I don't know about the racial mainstream's (i.e. white folks) attitudes on Sadie Hawkins-style heckling.

Anyway ladies, ya'll should try it. It comes off as a really awesome strategy in this song. Le Corps Mince de Francoise (that's a fucking long name to not be in English) is from Finland, and the band kinda sounds like CSS, except in this track, "Ray-Ban Glasses," where they're ripping off of some dude's style, and coming on to him at the same time? The lyrics are on the inscrutable side, but I'm pretty sure that they include something about "liking it raw."

I can honestly guarantee that you will like this song. I'm a little worried that the track might have a "Buy You A Drank" quality to it, meaning that you'll really like it the first thirty times you hear it, but want nothing to do it with it time #31. But those first 30 listens will be pretty awesome.


Le Mince Corps de Francoise - Ray-Ban Glasses (Les Gillettes Remix)

No comments: